Table of contents:
Video: The Meaning Of The Name Lyudmila (Lyuda)
The short form of the name Lyudmila. Lyuda, Lyudochka, Lyudka, Lyusya, Lyudmilka, Lyudusya, Lyudasha, Lyudusha, Lyudusha, Lyulya, Mila, Mila, Milasha, Milusya, Milusha, Mika, Lidka, Lilina, Lola, Milko.
The origin of the name Lyudmila. The name Lyudmila is Russian, Slavic, Orthodox, Catholic.
The name Lyudmila is a Slavic name. The literal translation of this name sounds like "sweet to people." This name was forgotten, therefore it was not used for a very long time. The name Lyudmila was remembered by the Russian poet of the era of romanticism Vasily Zhukovsky. So he named one of his ballads, which he wrote in 1808. Later, Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin used this name in his poem "Ruslan and Lyudmila", written ten years later. But the name Lyudmila became popular only in the 30-50s of the XX century.
Affectionate appeal of Lucy (Lucy) has a foreign counterpart. This is the name Lucius (read as Lucy), which has a Latin origin and means "light". Short forms Mika, Lala, Lola (used in the Czech Republic) and Mila are also independent independent names.
Saint Ludmila is considered the patroness of the Czech Republic. A festive mass is held in Prague on September 16, in the Orthodox calendar this date corresponds to September 29.
The character and fate of Lyudmila. Lyudmila is an emotionally focused, extremely sensitive woman who takes many events around her to heart. She cannot remain indifferent to anything, but if she cannot help with deeds, then at least she will express her attitude in verbal form, tell others about the injustice or about a joyful event. At the same time, Lyudmila is not a gossip, she will neither lie nor embellish. She is very attached to home and family.
Людмила очень активна, динамична, независима, всегда выполняет свои обязанности и имеет чувство собственного достоинства. Она стремится к миру и готова пойти на многое, чтобы гармонизировать отношения. Ее присутствие рядом можно использовать как успокаивающий и обнадеживающий фактор, она сможет и утешить, и развеселить. Тем не менее, обладательница этого имени в некоторой мере нервная девушка – это та часть расплаты, которой компенсируется её непрекращающаяся, но хорошо организованная деятельность, потому что Людмила обладает великолепными навыками организации.
In general, the owner of this name is very diplomatic, but it happens that her impulsive and emotional nature can lead to such consequences that she will later regret very much. She is moderately hot-tempered, but her anger is short-lived, and she is not at all vindictive, she will strive to settle and restore the peace that is so dear to her.
Depending on the circumstances or on the level of motivation, Lyudmila can indeed become incredibly courageous and energetic, become infected with a steel determination in order to achieve her goal. On the other hand, it is quite possible that when she gets what she wants, she is able to stop there and will not try to improve or change anything. If you call Lyudmila to help with some difficult emotional or practical problems, then she can even surpass herself, she is attracted by unfamiliar or difficult situations, although she herself will not look for them. She is a very conscientious woman, a perfectionist by nature, who, as a rule, imposes obligations and restrictions on herself. Her attitude to order is quite reverent: it should be not only in the house, but also in the head.
Lyudmila can sometimes be very fussy, even overdoing it. As a little girl, Luda is ready to please her parents, making herself an irreplaceable helper, she is gentle and always behaves responsibly. Inner harmony is essential to her well-being, and parenting disputes can be disastrous for her emotional balance. She can find an outlet for herself in art, dance or music.
In matters of the heart, this girl is very selective in choosing a partner. She often has an idealistic approach, finds fault with her partner, making her love and life together more difficult with her incredibly high expectations.
Lyudmila is quite ambitious, intends to achieve success, does not like to be subordinate, but if her work is associated with independent decision-making, then she can become a role model for other employees. She can be torn apart by the contradictions between the desire for personal success and the desire to start a family. Her choice of career may be influenced by her family, thereby jeopardizing her aspirations. Otherwise, Lyudmila will choose professions related to participation, care or support of others (medicine, psychology, administrative staff, jurisprudence). They can also be areas that require management, leadership positions, and those that require precision or a sense of aesthetics (music, sports, art).
Name compatibility Alexander | Alexey | Andrey | Vladimir | Dmitry | Michael | Oleg | Pavel | Sergey | Igor | yet
Lyudmila celebrates her name day on August 28, September 29.
Famous people named Lyudmila
- Lyudmila Zykina ((1929-2009) Soviet and Russian singer, became famous for the performance of Russian folk songs, as well as songs stylized as folk songs, although her repertoire was very diverse. She is the owner of various state orders and awards.)
- Lyudmila Kasatkina ((1925-2012) Soviet and Russian actress, starred in the films "The Tamer of the Tigers", "The Taming of the Shrew", "Calling Fire on Ourselves", "Operation Trust", "Big Change", "Princess of the Circus" and many others)
- Lyudmila Gurchenko ((1935-2011) Soviet and Russian actress and singer, starred in almost a hundred films, such as "Carnival Night", "The Marriage of Balzaminov", "Girl with a Guitar", "Mom", "Straw Hat", "Vivat, Midshipmen! "," Old Nags "," Station for Two "," Old Walls "," Twenty Days Without War "and many, many others.)
- Lyudmila Pakhomova ((1946-1986) Soviet figure skater, 1976 Olympic champion in ice dancing, multiple winner of European and world championships)
- Lyudmila Savelyeva ((born 1942) Soviet actress, starred in the films "War and Peace", "The Headless Horseman", "Anna Karenina", "It was the fourth year of war" and others)
- Lyudmila Rudenko ((1904-1986) Soviet chess player, became the very first world chess champion from the USSR)
- Lyudmila Petrushevskaya ((born 1938) Soviet writer and playwright, laureate of many literary prizes, including the Triumph Prize and the World Fantasy Prize (WFA))
- Lyudmila Lyadova ((born 1925) Soviet composer)
- Lyudmila Pavlichenko ((1916-1974) Hero of the Soviet Union, one of the best snipers of the Second World War)
- Lyudmila Semenyaka ((born 1952) Soviet ballerina, choreographer, ballet master and teacher. Her repertoire included all the major roles of classical ballets, such as The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, Romeo and Juliet, Giselle, Ivan Terrible "," The Sleeping Beauty "," Macbeth "," Angara "and many others. She also performed outside the troupe of the Bolshoi Theater.)
- Lyudmila Senchina ((born 1950) Soviet singer (soprano), Honored Artist of the RSFSR)
- Lyudmila Tatyanicheva ((1915-1980) Soviet poet, some of her poems became songs)
- Lyudmila Turishcheva ((born 1952) Soviet gymnast, four-time Olympic champion)
- Lyudmila Ulitskaya ((born 1943) Soviet and Russian writer, became the first woman to win the Russian Booker Prize, winner of various international literary awards)
- Lyudmila Shaposhnikova ((born 1926) Russian writer, orientalist, popularizer of science, public figure, Honored Artist of the Russian Federation)