Table of contents:
Video: The Meaning Of The Name Leah (Leah)
The short form of the name Leah. Leica, Lilya, Lietta, Leushka, Her.
Synonyms for the name Leah. Leia, Leia, Lea, Leah, Laya, Le.
The origin of the name Leah. The name Leah is Hebrew, Catholic, Jewish.
The name Leah is the name of a biblical character. The name Leah was borne by Rachel's sister and Jacob's wife. The origin of the name Leah is not precisely established, but there is a high probability that the name of the biblical Leah has the same meaning as that of her sister Rachel, and is translated as "sheep", but originally goes back to the Akkadian word for "cow". There is a variant of the interpretation of the name as "antelope", "mountain goat", "gazelle", meaning "graceful". The name Leah (Leah, Leah) is often used by Jews.
The name Leah is also a short form, a diminutive reference to such names as Amalia, Lilia, Sylvia, Emilia, Cornelia, Natalia, Aliya, Rosalia, Adelia, Cecilia (Cecilia), Ophelia, Juliana and other female names.
Catholics revered Saint Leah, a Roman widow, who is considered the patroness of widows.
Leah can be described as an eccentric, poorly organized young lady. She only deals with herself. Family and work are not in her first place. Her actions depend solely on her mood. The owner of this name is curious. At the same time, the girl has little interest in her studies, rarely reads. She cannot be called calm and peaceful. Anything can be expected from Leah.
The girl usually chooses her husband older than herself. He should help her develop herself and not burden her with everyday problems. Only then will they be happy. In family life, she is prone to constancy. Even if everything is not good in her marriage, she will not go to file for divorce. Leah will be patient and try to maintain at least a semblance of family well-being.
Leah doesn't like to cook. In many ways, he shows sloppiness. Household chores are of little interest to the girl. She likes to spend time with friends, visit beauty salons and go shopping more. She never saves. Leah has many friends. She always shares with them the details of her life.
Leah, born in winter, is kind and stubborn. She often resorts to deception. In marriage, such a girl has difficulty adapting to family life. He devotes almost all his time to his own affairs. Likes to travel. He tries not to deny himself anything. This woman does not like to command. She does not seek to impose her opinion on anyone. Shows respect for others. Leah is self-sufficient.
The summer owner of this name is melancholy by nature. She often has problems in relationships with the opposite sex. She needs a man with a strong character. She has artistic qualities. She is capable of acting out helplessness and defenselessness. There are no hard and fast rules for Leah. She is a real woman in all her forms.
There are two completely opposite types of owners of the name Leah. Some are pragmatic, inclined towards stability, passionate about work and solving financial problems. In others, childish carelessness prevails. They are not very interested in life, work, money. They are not touchy. All aspirations are aimed at improving the surrounding world. How Leah grows up depends only on her childhood.
A woman with that name is a creative person. When choosing a profession, Leah gives her preference to art. She will make a talented actress, writer, artist or scientist. All her life she has been striving to learn something spiritual and beautiful.
By dedicating herself to creativity, Leah will be able to achieve almost any goal. She seeks to destroy the imposed stereotypes about the behavior of women and her place in family life. Often she manages to do this with great difficulty. The girl loves to create and experiment. Routine is not for her.
Leah celebrates her name day on March 22.
Famous people named Leah
- Aliya Moldagulova, also known as Liya Moldagulova ((1925 - 1944) sniper of the 54th separate rifle brigade of the 22nd army of the 2nd Baltic Front, corporal. Hero of the Soviet Union (1944, posthumously).)
- Liya Akhedzhakova ((born 1938) Soviet and Russian theater and film actress, Honored Artist of the RSFSR (1970), People's Artist of Russia (1994))
- Liya Zelikhman ((1910 - 1971) an outstanding Soviet music teacher (piano), Honored Teacher of the RSFSR School. She brought up People's Artist of the RSFSR, laureate of the first prize at the International Tchaikovsky Competition Grigory Sokolov. Lia Zelikhman calls her another "Great Teacher" student, opera director, People's Artist of Russia Yuri Alexandrov.)
- Lia de Putti ((1897 - 1931) née Amalia Putti; a famous Hungarian silent film actress in the past. She became famous for her role as a female vamp.)
- Liya Kebede (Ethiopian fashion model, fashion designer and actress. Since 2005, she has been the World Health Organization's Ambassador for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health.)
- Leah Eliava ((1934 - 1998) Soviet and Georgian theater and film actress, People's Artist of the Georgian SSR (1976))
- Leah Solomyanskaya ((1907 - 1986) according to documents - Rakhil Solomyanskaya, also among relatives - Ruva and Ralya Solomyanskaya; figure of Soviet cinema, screenwriter, screenwriter, journalist)
- Leah Slavina ((1906 - 1988) Soviet psychologist, student of Vygotsky)
- Leah Bugova ((1900 - 1981) Soviet theater actress, People's Artist of the Ukrainian SSR (1946))
- Leah Dizon (Ria Didzon) (Japanese pop singer and American model)
- Liya Bondarko ((1932 - 2007) Soviet and Russian linguist, Doctor of Philology, Professor, Head of the Department of Phonetics and Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages, Faculty of Philology, St. Petersburg State University)
- Liya Yakhontova ((1925 - 2007) Russian mineralogist and teacher. Corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (1992). Member of the Scientific Council and Chairman of the Commission on Mineralogical Problems of New Technologies of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, Honorary Member and Member of the Coordination Council on Ecology of the Russian Mineralogical Society. more than 220 scientific works, including 4 monographs Research interests: hypergene mineralogy - mineral composition, typomorphism and genesis of the weathering crust and oxidized ores of various types of deposits. In recent decades, she taught original special courses: "Scientific foundations of hypergenesis mineralogy", "Fundamentals of ecological mineralogy ".)
- Liya Panova (Honored Trainer of Russia, ballet dancer. Solo at the Mariinsky Theater, was a member of the ballet troupe of the theater and often danced in tandem with her husband Valery Panov. After leaving the theater, she choreographed with the stars of the figure skating team: with Irina Rodnina, Alexei Ulanov, Sergey Chetverukhin, Volkov. He is considered one of the best artistic gymnastics choreographers in the city.
- Liya Moiseevna Rozina (Russian actress)
- Leah Shemtov ((born 1958) nee - Leah Shraga; Israeli politician)
- Lia Vladimirova ((born 1938) real name - Yulia Khromchenko, nee - Dubrovkina; Russian poetess, prose writer. Some of her scripts were used to make radio plays and television films.)
- Liya Zivelchinskaya ((1894/1895 - 1985) literary critic, specialist in aesthetics)
- Leah Liberova ((1948 - 2010) Russian writer (poet, prose writer, playwright), translator, pianist. Some critics call Leah Liberova's style romantic surrealism. The farce play "Dovecote of God, or Salvador at the Ball" was staged in 2001 by the Moscow Theater - the commonwealth of actors on Taganka. Known as a subtle interpreter of Scriabin's music, and even more as a conceptual poet with his melodious poetic "I." Six books of poetry and prose by L.S. The novels by Sarah Blackbourne "The Source of Happiness" and "Delightful Dreams" (1998) were published in translation by L.S.Liberova from English.)
- Leah Kogarko ((born 1936) Soviet and Russian geochemist and petrologist. Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences (since 1997). Specialist in magmatism, ore formation and geochemistry of the Earth's mantle. Has more than 1700 citations of his work.)
- Leah Michele ((born 1986) birth name - Leah Michelle Sarfati; American actress and singer. She is best known for her participation in the American TV series "Glee" (Russian "Losers" "Chorus") (2009), where she played the role of Rachel Berry.)
- Lea Grundig ((1906 - 1977) née - Lea Langer; German artist and graphic artist)
- Leah Pipes ((born 1988) American actress, best known for the films Femme Fatal and Scream in the Dorm)
- Lea Massari ((born 1933) real name and surname - Anna Maria Massetani; Italian actress)
- Lea Goldberg ((1911 - 1970) Israeli poet, literary critic, translator, critic, Israel State Prize Laureate (1970))
- Leah Catherine Thompson ((born 1961) American actress and director)
- Leia Ness ((born 1961) Israeli politician, deputy minister for retirement affairs)
- Lea-Tuti Livshits ((1930 - 1999) Estonian artist)
- Leah Remini (American actress, model)