Table of contents:
Video: The Meaning Of The Name Irma
The short form of the name Irma. Irmichka, Irmushka, Ira, Irmenka, Irminya, Imke, Imme, Irmita, Irmi, Imma, Emma.
Synonyms for the name Irma. Irmina, Irmila.
The origin of the name Irma. Irma's name is German, Catholic.
The name Irma is of German origin. According to one version, originally the name Irma was a short form of ancient Germanic names beginning with the component "ermen", meaning "universal" (Irmgard, Irmkheld, Irmtraut, Irmingard).
According to another version, the name Irma is a reduced Irmina, in honor of the god named "Irmin" revered by many ancient Germanic tribes. In some cases, it is identical to the name Ermina, the paired male name Ermin, which in some cases is written and pronounced as Irmina. But also the name Ermina has other versions of the origin.
The name Irma is related to the names Emilia, Emmy, Emma. There is a derivative name - Irmila, which is used very rarely.
Irma's birthday - February 19 (Germany), March 31 (Finland), April 7 (Sweden), May 3 (Hungary), September 18 (Poland), November 14 (Slovakia).
As a child, Irma is a little tomboy. She is absolutely not afraid of anything, and usually this does not lead to sad consequences. However, in any case, parents should warn the girl in time about the dangers that lie in wait for her, not forgetting about early sex education. Little Irma is very active. She just needs sports, dancing or other group activities.
Irma is very independent. For her, freedom is not just empty words. She is undisciplined, does not accept any restrictions. Irma often takes risky actions without thinking too much about the consequences. A very girl is attracted by the unknown.
Irma is often proud and arrogant. Sometimes her actions confuse others. Irma often rushes to extremes, her mood easily goes from a state of extreme delight to a state of deep depression. A woman with this name loves pleasure. The craving for entertainment sometimes takes Irma much further than she would like. The girl cannot sit still.
Her innate nervousness and high mobility attract Irma to explore new horizons. If Irma has a goal, she mobilizes all her forces, directs all her energy to achieve the goal. At such moments, the girl shows amazing performance. However, Irma cannot stay in this state for a long time.
A woman with this name is authoritative and convincing. It is full of practical sense, has many abilities for organization and management. Irma is great at giving orders. Irma prefers to build a career over housekeeping. At the same time, he chooses something related to diversity and travel as a profession. Perhaps it will be in the field of tourism, sales or advertising.
A woman with this name knows very well what love is. Very often it is this feeling that guides her actions. Irma is subject to real outbursts of passion. She is painfully jealous, although she herself is not very reliable in this regard. For her chosen one, Irma will be just perfect, she will never make him bored. And from the chosen one, in return, it will be required to idolize and entertain his beloved. However, choosing her as his wife, a man should not expect economy from Irma.
Irma needs to be the center of the world, and it gives her true joy to act freely of her own free will. In communication, a girl is sometimes selfish and arrogant.
Irma celebrates her name day on February 19, March 31, April 7, May 3, September 18, November 14.
Famous people named Irma
- Irma Griveaux ((1866 - 1900) saint of the Roman Catholic Church)
- Irma Karakis ((born 1930) Soviet architect of interiors and furniture, candidate of architecture, laureate of the gold medal of the Exhibition of Economic Achievements of the Ukrainian SSR)
- Irma Adelman ((born 1930) American economist)
- Irma Bune ((1911 - 1995) Soviet and Latvian theater actress)
- Irma Vitovskaya ((born 1974) Ukrainian theater and film actress)
- Irma Grese ((1923 - 1945) warden of the Nazi death camps)
- Irma Kagan ((born 1947) Soviet cameraman)
- Irma Lozano ((born 1943) Mexican actress)
- Irma Pins (fictional character, library manager at Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Wizardry in the Harry Potter series)
- Irma Rausch ((born 1938) Soviet and Russian actress and film director)
- Irma Yaunzem ((1897 - 1975) Soviet chamber singer (mezzo-soprano), People's Artist of the RSFSR (1957), Honored Artist of the BSSR (1935))
- Irma Kutaeva ((1966 - 2009) Deputy Head of the Komi Republic (2006 - 2009))
- Irma Mullonen (Russian linguist, Doctor of Philology, Professor of Petrozavodsk State University, Director of the Institute of Language, Literature and History of the Karelian Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences)