Table of contents:
Video: The Meaning Of The Name Galina (Galya)
The short form of the name Galina. Galya, Galinka, Galka, Alya, Ina, Gluka, Galinukha, Galinusha, Gala, Galisha, Galyunya, Galyusya, Galyukha, Galukha, Galyusha, Galusha, Gana, Ganya, Gasya, Gulya, Lina, Lina.
Synonyms for the name Galina. Galini.
The origin of the name Galina. The name Galina is Russian, Orthodox, Greek.
The name Galina translated from ancient Greek means "calm", "quiet", "serene". That was the name of one of the sea nymphs. Therefore, the name Galina is also translated as "sea surface".
In Spain and Italy, the name Galina will be consonant with the Italian word "gallina" meaning "chicken, chicken", which many Russians remember from the advertisement for Galina Blanca bouillon cubes. The short forms of the name Gala and Lina are also independent names.
Gul's affectionate appeal is used not only for Galina, but also for many female names, not only containing “gul” (Aigul, Gulmira, Gulnara, Gulnaz, Angel, Gulshat and others), as well as for some male names (Georgy, Sergey, Igor).
The character and fate of Galina. As a child, Galina likes to spend her time in the company of boys more than among girls. She loves romantic stories, travel, and various hikes. But purely girlish interests, like outfits, dolls, are also not alien to her. She knows how to find a middle ground. Activity and calmness, firmness and pliability, where you need to give in, and where to insist on your own - Galina confidently chooses the correct and necessary position.
Galina knows how to do almost everything, she is not afraid of anything. Having started a business, however, she will not always be able to complete it with the confidence with which she began. Since she may suddenly begin to doubt the success of the event, a decision once made will still convince her that she did the right thing initially.
The owners of this name are very sociable, but they consider people most often out of their own interest, how much this or that person will be useful for her. She is friendly, polite, correct with everyone, it is quite difficult to quarrel with Galina - she will always find the very middle.
Galina is often in the center of attention of the company, she has many fans. And she will choose a man for herself that she needs - most often this is a man who believes that a better wife than Galina simply does not exist for him. Galina will be a very caring hostess, a helpful wife, an attentive mother.
She will be successful in almost any profession, but she prefers to choose a prominent, vibrant profession, and a very important, significant position.
Galina celebrates her name day on February 23, March 23, April 29.
Famous people named Galina
- Galina Volchek (Russian actress, director, People's Artist of the USSR, Artistic Director of the Sovremennik Theater)
- Galina Brezhneva (daughter of the General Secretary of the CPSU Central Committee Leonid Brezhnev)
- Galina Ulanova (outstanding Russian ballerina)
- Galina Bannikova (Soviet graphic artist, font artist)
- Galina Vishnevskaya (singer of the classical repertoire, People's Artist of the USSR)
- Galina Benislavskaya (friend and literary secretary of Sergei Yesenin)
- Galina Starovoitova (Russian political and statesman, human rights activist)
- Galina Polskikh (Russian theater and film actress, People's Artist of the RSFSR)
- Galina Kulakova (athlete, Olympic champion in cross-country skiing (born 1942))
- Galina Mozhaeva ((born 1929) cytologist, biophysicist, corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Galina Shatalova (neurosurgeon, candidate of medical sciences; teacher of a healthy lifestyle, laureate of the Burdenko Prize)
- Galina Ustvolskaya (composer, whose work is better known in the West than in Russia)
- Galina Shcherbakova (writer, author of the story "You never dreamed of …")