Table of contents:
Video: The Meaning Of The Name Julian
Short form of the name Julian. Yuli, Yulike, Yulik, Yulko, Yulek, Yulda, Yulan, Yul, Yus, Yule, Yultier, Juls, Jul, Julianito, Crook, Zhuk, Zhu, Giulianetto, Giulianino, Giulianello, Julie, Ju.
Synonyms for the name Julian. Julian, Ulyan, Julian, Julien, Julian, Julian, Juliano, Julianos, Julian, Julianus.
The origin of the name Julian. The name Julian is Russian, Orthodox, Catholic, Greek.
The name Julian has Latin roots. This name comes from a patrician family, which, according to legend, descended from the goddess Venus. The Roman family name Julius / Iulius was borne by many Roman consuls, tribunes, and also by the emperor Gaius Julius Caesar. The name Julian is a derivative of the name Julius, which literally means "from the Julian clan" or "Julian", i.e. adherent of the party of Julius Caesar.
There is also a translation option for the name - the name of the summer month - July, in this case "July". Literally the month "July" in Latin "Julius" means "the month of Julius (Caesar)", literally - "curly".
In Greek, the name of the month of July sounds like "Julius", it is in this form that it is found in church books, and it was from Byzantium that this name appeared in Russia. The name Julian is translated from Greek as "curly", "wavy", "fluffy".
In Russian, the name Julian has a folk pronunciation - Julian, a more modern or colloquial pronunciation - Ulyan. It was from this name that the surname Ulyanov came from. The name Julius is an obsolete form of the male name Julius, a cognate name for Julian.
The stress in the name Julian can be on both the last and the first syllables. On behalf of Julian, the female name Juliana (Julianna) was formed, on behalf of Julius - Julia, and from Julian - Ulyana (Juliania).
Little Julian is very emotional, his character resembles his mother. This is a very flexible and intelligent child. When playing with other children, he is unobtrusive. Julian is a good student, which is helped by his excellent memory. He has a large number of friends. Physically, the boy is developed normally and is able to fend for himself. Not being particularly playful, Julian can still become an instigator in pranks.
A boy born in the winter months is likely to become a leader in the class, and his circle of friends will be very carefully selected. During her school years, Julian enjoys sports, dancing and music. In the sciences, he often has a preference for the natural, while he has a notable ability in the exact sciences.
As he grows up, the character of Julian remains the same, only some of the features become stronger. The young man becomes more touchy, pride and belligerence awaken in him. At the same time, he is sociable and perfectly adapts to any environment. Wherever this man is, he quickly has a large circle of friends. "Winter" Julian not only makes friends, but also becomes the initiator of all events, investing in them his imagination and sense of humor. He quickly wins the respect of others with the courage of his actions and the ability to find a way out of the most difficult situations, but at the same time he absolutely does not tolerate criticism and does not allow anyone to criticize himself.
Since childhood, Julian is ready to defend the weak. In his actions, he is guided only by his mind, brushing off what his intuition advises him. Thanks to this, Julian always acts soberly, and a strong will allows him to insist on his own.
Julian's distinctive features are his punctuality, hard work and commitment. By nature, a man is given a rich imagination and a good memory. It is not in the nature of Julian to obey anyone or endure violence against himself. He values freedom most of all. At the same time, seeing obstacles in front of him, Julian will not go ahead. Rather, he will find a workaround or wait a while, but in the end he will still achieve what he wants.
Long trips and significant changes are not part of Julian's hobbies. He does not like to drive a car, preferring the passenger seat to the driver's seat. Julian, born in spring, is very artistic. He skillfully reincarnates and it is not always possible to accurately determine whether he is joking or talking seriously. Among the hobbies of this man are creative hobbies, such as painting or wood carving.
A man named Julian gladly receives guests in his house, but he himself does not like to visit. He is a master at telling anecdotes and has a passion for card games. Despite his sociability, Julian often plunges into his inner world. He tries to act based not on emotions, but on moral norms. A heightened sense of justice makes Julian rush to fight evil, forgetting that sometimes it can end tragically. A man born in summer is very vulnerable. He takes any careless word to heart and easily loses his temper.
Julian chooses a life partner for a long time and marries late. In his future wife, he expects to find the ideal as he is in his dreams. It is most likely that he will have girls in marriage. He loves his children very much, plays with them for a long time.
Julian builds his career based on his desire for justice in everything, as well as his interest in politics, medicine and economics. With noticeable powers of persuasion, a man often chooses the profession of a lawyer, investigator, social worker or medical doctor. Julian can easily start his own business. He knows how to calculate the situation many moves ahead, and thanks to his unconditional commitment and punctuality, Julian is able to achieve noticeable success in the chosen professional field. However, the tendency to rash acts in financial matters often plays bad jokes with a man.
Julian celebrates his name day on January 7, January 8, January 9, January 17, January 21, January 27, January 28, January 29, February 11, February 12, February 13, February 16, February 17, February 19, February 24, February 27, March 1, March 8, March 12, March 16, March 19, March 23, March 29, April 8, May 11, May 23, May 31, June 5, June 9, June 16, June 25, July 4, 18 July, 20 July, 26 July, 7 August, 9 August, 10 August, 22 August, 28 August, 2 September, 15 September, 17 September, 25 September, 26 September, 4 October, 9 October, 18 October, 30 October, October 31, November 1, November 3, November 12, December 9.
Famous people named Julian
- Flavius Claudius Julian, Julian the Apostate ((331/332 - 363) Roman emperor in 361-363 from the dynasty of Constantine. Last pagan Roman emperor, rhetorician and philosopher. Also sometimes referred to as Julian II.)
- Saint Julian the Stranger (Stranger, Hospitable, Hospital, Hospitaller) or Julian the Poor (Catholic saint, patron saint of travelers)
- Julian, "Columbus of the East" (Hungarian Dominican monk, who went east in the 1230s in search of Great Hungary, which the Hungarians considered their ancestral home)
- Julian Scriabin (1908 - 1919) at birth - Schlözer; the youngest son of Alexander Scriabin, a talented and promising pianist and composer. Some researchers consider 4 small preludes written by him to be the later works of his father.)
- Julian Kapitsin ((born 1986) Russian actor, TV presenter, television author)
- Didius Julian ((133 - 193) full name - Mark Didius Salvius Julian Sever; Roman emperor in 193)
- Julian Semyonov ((1931 - 1993) real name - Lyandres; Russian Soviet writer, screenwriter, poet, journalist. He founded the journal "Detective and Politics", the newspaper "Top Secret" (1989). He wrote in the genre of "journalistic investigation".)
- Julian ((born 1973) stage name, real name - Julian Vasin; Russian singer, Honored Artist of Russia (1999))
- Julian Stryjkowski, Pesach Stark proper ((1905 - 1996) Polish Jewish writer, journalist)
- Julian Novak ((1865 - 1946) Polish political and statesman of the Second Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Prime Minister of the Polish Republic (1922). Scientist-microbiologist, physician, veterinarian, teacher, professor (1899).)
- Julian Markhlevsky ((1866 - 1925) pseudonyms - Karsky, Kujawsky; Polish communist)
- Julian Draxler ((born 1993) German footballer, midfielder)
- His Eminence Cardinal Julian Vaivods ((1895 - 1990) Latvian Cardinal)
- Julian Golovinsky ((1894 - 1930) centurion of the Ukrainian Galician Army, one of the founders of the Ukrainian military organization, combat assistant)
- Julian Kalisher ((1935 - 2007) Soviet and Russian animation director)
- Julian Panich ((born 1931) Soviet and Russian actor, director, journalist. Honored Artist of Russia (1996). Known for his roles in the films "Pedagogical Poem", "Green Carriage" and others, author of the book of memoirs "Four Lives of Julian Panich, or the Wheel of Happiness ".)
- Yulian Pshirkov ((1912 - 1980) Belarusian Soviet literary critic, critic, writer. Honored Scientist of the Byelorussian SSR (1978), Member of the Union of Writers of the USSR (1950).)
- Hieromonk Seraphim ((born 1973) in the world - Julian Raicha; hieromonk of the Russian Orthodox Church, cleric of St. Nicholas parish in Bangkok. Romanian athlete, bronze medalist of the Sydney Olympic Games in shooting with a high-speed pistol.)
- Julian Schieber ((born 1989) German footballer, striker)
- Julian Tsabr, Julian ben Savar, Julian ben Tsabar (the leader of the rebellious Samaritans and Jews in 529, who was proclaimed by the rebels themselves the king of Israel)
- Julian Talko-Grintsevich ((1850 - 1936) Polish anthropologist and physician of Lithuanian origin, one of the founders of Polish anthropology)
- Julian Seymour Schwinger ((1918 - 1994) American physicist, 1965 Nobel Prize laureate in physics in the field of quantum electrodynamics (together with Richard Feynman and Shinichiro Tomonaga.) Made a significant contribution to the branches of physics - elementary particle physics, nuclear physics, atomic physics, statistical mechanics, classical electrodynamics, general relativity.)
- Julian Knowle ((born 1974) Austrian professional tennis player specializing in pairs. Winner of the 2007 US Open in men's doubles.)
- Julian Murzenko ((1930 - 2008) Professor, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Academician of the International Academy of Sciences of Higher Education (1994). He is the founder of the scientific school "Soil Mechanics, Foundations and Foundations", recognized by specialists not only in Russia, but also abroad. this school was used in the construction of oil enterprises.)
- Julian Lavrinovich ((1869 - 1922) usually wrote under the pseudonym Nadezhdin or Y.L.; Russian publicist, writer)
- Iulian Denita ((born 1975) Romanian footballer, defender)
- Julian Krachkovsky ((1840 - 1903) Russian folklorist, historian, teacher, ethnographer, ethnographer, archeographer)
- Julian Bialozor (Belozor) ((1862 - 1942) Russian military leader, lieutenant general. He passed all the levels of the army hierarchy from ensign to lieutenant general (from hereditary nobles, whose family is known since the 15th century). Winner of numerous domestic and foreign awards, for example, Order of St. Anne II degree with swords (1901), Order of St. Anne I degree (1915), Order of St. George III degree (1916), Order of the Double Dragon III degree II class (China), Order of the Crown III degree (Prussia), Order Dragon (USA) and others. Awarded various medals, marked with a breastplate in memory of the 50th anniversary of the conquest of the East Caucasus, a gold weapon with the inscription "for bravery."
- Julian Bamugartlinger ((born 1988) Austrian footballer)
- Julian Nadkernichny ((1905 -?) Agricultural worker, Hero of Socialist Labor)
- Julian Shimansky ((1883 - 1962) Soviet scientist, academician of the USSR Academy of Sciences (1953). Professional in structural mechanics, ship theory and general shipbuilding. Author of works on submarine mechanics, calculation of ship structures, design of ship hull. Stalin Prize winner (1941). Honored Worker of Science and Technology of the RSFSR (1941). In memory of academician Shimansky, a street in St. Petersburg was named.)
- Julian Falat ((1853 - 1929) outstanding Polish watercolor painter, representative of realism and landscape impressionism)
- Julian Lloyd Webber ((born 1951) British cellist. Has performed over 50 world premieres, including specially written concerts by Joaquin Rodrigo and Philip Glass, as well as the Double Concerto for Cello and Saxophone with Michael Nyman. In 2003 he co-founded The Consortium music education ", whose activities are dedicated to the popularization of classical music. Writes in the music column of the Daily Telegraph.)
- Julian Morris ((born 1983) English actor)
- Julian Fellowes ((born 1949) full name - Julian Alexander Kitchener-Fellowes, Baron Fellowes Westafford; English writer, director, screenwriter and actor)
- Julian Edgerton ((1848 - 1945) British clarinetist and teacher. He played in royal brass bands, various symphony groups. In 1892, Edgerton became the first Englishman to play clarinet in the Brahms Quintet. He last performed in front of the public at the age of 93.)
- Julian Sorell Huxley ((1887 - 1975) English biologist, evolutionist and humanist, politician. One of the founders of the Synthetic Theory of Evolution. The first Director-General of UNESCO, who also played a major role in the creation of this organization and the World Wildlife Fund.)
- John Charles Julian Lennon ((born 1963) British rock musician, singer, first son of The Beatles founder John Lennon)
- Julian Jackson ((born 1960) American-Virginian professional boxer, competing in 1st middle and middle weight categories.World champion in 1st middle (WBA version, 1997-1989) and middle (WBC version, 1990-1993) and 1995) weight categories.)
- Julian Edward George Asquith, 2nd Earl of Oxford and Asquith ((1916 - 2011) British statesman and colonial leader, administrator of Saint Lucia (1958-1962), Governor of Seychelles (1962-1967))
- Julian Gedworth George Byng, 1st Viscount Wimy ((1862 - 1935) British military leader, Field Marshal (1932))
- Julian Alden Weir ((1852 - 1919) American Impressionist painter)
- Julian Patrick Barnes ((born 1946) English writer, essayist, literary critic, one of the prominent representatives of postmodern literature. Booker Prize Winner (2011).)
- Julian Cope ((born 1957) British rock musician, singer and songwriter, two autobiographies and four books on the history of music and British folklore)
- Julian Fernando Casablancas ((born 1978) singer, vocalist and songwriter of the American rock band The Strokes)
- Julian Mandrake ((born 1979) guitarist from Austin, Texas, best known for working with the bands Blue October, Canvas and Mothers Anthem)
- Julien Lieseou ((born 1979) French alpine skier, two-time vice-champion of the world in 2009. Specialist in slalom disciplines. To date, he has 3 victories at the stages of the World Cup, all in slalom. Winner of two silver medals at the World Championships 2009.)
- Julien Cousinot ((born 1981) Canadian alpine skier, participant in the Vancouver Olympics, specializes in slalom disciplines)
- Julien Girard de Rial ((1841 - 1904) French ethnographer)
- Julien de Grenier (Grenier) ((died 1275) Señor of Sidon (1247-1260), son and heir of Balian I de Grenier and Marguerite de Reynelle, is known in French historiography as “a heavy baron with a light head” (R. Grouset). Sold all his holdings for debts in gaming losses.)
- Julien Faubert ((born 1983) French footballer)
- Julien Escudé ((born 1979) French footballer, defender)
- His Eminence Cardinal Julien Ries ((1920 - 2013) Belgian cardinal, church historian and theologian)
- Julien Dupre ((1851 - 1910) French artist, representative of realism)
- Julien Paul Blitz ((1885 - 1951) Belgian-born American cellist and conductor)
- Julien Liao ((1884 - 1950) Belgian politician, active participant in the Resistance movement)
- Julien Noel Costantin ((1857 - 1936) French botanist and mycologist)
- Julien Ofré de Lametri ((1709 - 1751) French physician and materialist philosopher, theologian. His works "Treatise on the Soul" (1745), "Man-Machine" (1747), "Man-Plant" (1748), "Man more than a machine "(1748) and" The Epicurus System "(1751) did not find understanding in society, caused anger among the clergy, and the first two works were publicly burned. Lametrie believed that people are distinguished from animals only by a greater number of needs, and, accordingly, it affects the amount of mind. He expressed his ideas of evolution, assumptions that were later confirmed (unity of origin of flora and fauna, zoophytes). According to La Mettrie, the degree of development of society can be judged by the activities of outstanding people and the success of enlightenment.)
- Julian Grimau Garcia ((1911 - 1963) Spanish communist, one of the streets of Moscow bears his name)
- Julian Alberto Velazquez ((born 1990) Argentine footballer, center back)
- Julian Gorkin ((1901 - 1987) real name - Julian Gomez Garcia; Spanish communist revolutionary, writer, one of the leaders of the Workers' Party of Marxist Unity (POUM) during the Spanish Civil War)
- Julian Carrillo Trujillo ((1875 - 1965) Mexican composer, violinist, conductor and music theorist, one of the first microtonal composers)
- His Eminence Cardinal Julian Erranz Casado ((born 1930) opusdeist, Spanish curial cardinal)
- Julian del Casal ((1863 - 1893) Cuban poet, the largest representative of modernism)
- Julian Aguirre ((1868 - 1924) Argentinean composer, founder of the Argentine School of Music, music critic, poet. His style of performance combines the influences of Spanish and French melodies on folklore works native to the composer, including arrangements of Creole songs.)
- Julin Bestyro Ferndez ((1870 - 1940) Spanish politician, one of the leaders of the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party (PSWP), professor of philosophy)
- Julian Fuster Ribot, sometimes Fster, Julian Fuster ((1911 - 1991) Spanish and Soviet surgeon, in 1948-1955 he was a political prisoner of the GULAG. In the USSR, from 1943 he worked in the surgical clinic of the Moscow hospital named after Semashko, from 1946 to 1947 - at the Burdenko Institute (neurosurgery). In 1959 he left the USSR as part of the last organized group of Spanish repatriates.)