Table of contents:
Video: The Meaning Of The Name Umar
2023 Author: Bridjet Hardman | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 12:09
Synonyms for the name Umar. Gumar, Gumer, Omar, Umarkay, Kumar, Omur.
The origin of the name Umar. The name Umar is Muslim.
The name Umar is an Arabic name that means "life" (in the context - the time from birth to death), "human age", "living", therefore this name is often given the meaning of "vital", "tenacious", "living". By giving this name to a child, parents wish him a long life. The name Umar can also sound like Gumar, Gumer, Omar, Umarkay, among the Siberian Tatars - Kumar, among the Kirghiz - Omur.
Umar has a dreamy, romantic and impulsive personality. He likes to be in noisy companies, is always cheerful, prone to big gestures. Umar will gladly come to the aid of other people. At the same time, a man is prone to overestimated self-esteem, often he knows no boundaries and can turn into a complete egocentric.
A man named Umar is romantic and amorous, but his feelings are not always constant. Very often in relationships, Umar manifests himself as a windy person. Due to the significant selfishness of a man, only a very strong woman can build a family with him.
Umar has an active imagination. He is generous and capable of empathy, he can be safely called a philanthropist. A man through his actions strives to achieve a high spiritual level. Because of this, it is dangerous for him to make utopian plans and mindlessly tell them.
Among family and friends, everyone appreciates Umar's caring and helpfulness. Sometimes a man is shy, especially if he takes control of his desire to "pull the covers over himself." By his actions, Umar can harm himself, although in fact he strives precisely for mental and physical comfort.
Umar is quite active. He enthusiastically embarks on a new business. In work, he is able not to be deceived by the visible side of events. At the same time, he is self-confident and brave. Sometimes, being carried away, Umar takes an unjustified risk, and sometimes, on the contrary, shows excessive conservatism.
Umar does not celebrate his name day.
Famous people named Umar
- Umar II, Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz ((682 - 720) Umayyad caliph who ruled 717-720. Revered for piety and unusual honesty.)
- Umar ibn al-Khattab, Omar ibn Khattab ((581 - 644) full name - Umar ibn Khattab ibn Nufayl ibn Abduluzza ibn Qusay ibn Kilab ibn Murra ibn Kaab; the second caliph (from 634). Under him the borders of the state increased, he campaigns to Persia, Syria, Iraq and Egypt. Local customs, language and customs were preserved in the conquered territories, but non-Muslims were additionally burdened with a large number of taxes and various prohibitions. Under Umar, a tax system was created, in 637-638 a new system of chronology was introduced, the foundations of the legal system were laid, judges acted in a number of cities. Under the Caliph, the previously built canal connecting the Nile and the Red Sea was cleared, which allowed the supply of Egyptian wheat to other areas of the Caliphate, especially it helped to cope with the famine in 639 in Palestine, Iraq and Syria. The Caliph paid much attention to the development of crafts and trade.)
- Umar Karsanov ((born 1981) Russian footballer, defender)
- Umar (Omar) Khamaha ((born 1965) Malian and Azavad military and political leader, president of the Transitional Council of Islamic Azawad (since 2012))
- Umar Bersei ((1807 -?) Enlightener of the Adyghe people, writer, poet - fabulist, scientist, made a significant contribution to the formation of Adyghe literature and writing, had a tremendous impact on the formation and development of many national cultures of mountain peoples and nationalities. Umar Bersei is the compiler " Primer of the Circassian language "(1855), the Adyghe alphabet (1861), the grammar of the Adyghe language (1858), took part in the creation of the Kabardian alphabet (1862). The day of creation, or rather the publication of the" Primer of the Circassian language "is considered in Adygea, Circassia and Kabarda" Day of the modern Adyghe language and writing ", celebrated on March 14.)
- Umar Khabekov ((1921 - 1945) participant of the Great Patriotic War, commander of the rifle battalion of the 301st Guards Rifle Regiment of the 100th Guards Rifle Division of the 9th Guards Army of the 3rd Ukrainian Front, Guard Captain, Hero of the Soviet Union)
- Umar Kalaban ((born 1981) Guinean footballer, player of the Guinean national team)
- Umar Idrisov ((born 1954) Russian Muslim religious leader. Chairman of the Spiritual Directorate of Muslims of Nizhny Novgorod and the Nizhny Novgorod Region (1993-2008). Since December 2008, representative of the Central Spiritual Directorate of Muslims in the Foundation for Support of Islamic Culture, Science and Education.)
- Umar Avturkhanov ((born 1946) Russian statesman and politician, Deputy Director of the Federal Tax Police Service of Russia (1996-1999), Major General of the Tax Police)
- Umar Virahadikusuma ((1924 - 2003) Indonesian military and political leader, fourth vice president of Indonesia (1983-1988))
- Umar Dzhabrailov ((born 1958) Russian statesman; since 2009 advisor to the presidential aide Sergei Prikhodko on a voluntary basis Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Moscow Museum of Modern Art, Honorary Academician of the Russian Academy of Arts, Vice President of the Creative Union of Artists of Russia for strategic special projects, patron.)
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab ((born 1986) terrorist, al-Qaeda activist who tried to blow up an Airbus A330 passenger plane of the American airline Delta Airlines, en route from Amsterdam to Detroit (Michigan) on Christmas Eve December 25, 2009.)
- Umar Tkhabisimov ((1919 - 1998) Adyghe composer-songwriter, singer, accordion player; founder of the modern Adyghe professional musical art; People's Artist of the RSFSR (1990))
- Umar Yarichev (poet, writes in Russian and Chechen languages. Such famous singers as Ali Dimaev, Alexander Barykin, Bekkhan Barakhoev, Magomed Yasaev, Imam Alimsultanov and others sang songs to his verses.)
- Umar Dimaev ((1908 - 1972) famous Chechen musician and composer, People's Artist of the Chechen-Ingush Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic, father of the famous musician and composer Ali Dimaev)
- Umar Aliev ((1895 - 1937) one of the founders of Karachai-Balkarian studies, creator of the alphabet and author of the first systematic description of the grammatical structure of the Karachai-Balkarian language. Author of the books "New Karachai primer" (1923), dictionaries (Russian-Karachai-Balkarian languages), textbooks on grammar, etc. His name was given to the streets in the cities of Kislovodsk, Cherkessk, Karachaevsk, as well as Karachay-Cherkess State University.)
- Omar Hasan oglu Eldarov ((born 1927) Azerbaijani monumentalist sculptor, Honored Art Worker of Azerbaijan (1962), People's Artist of Azerbaijan (1982), full member of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan (2001), full member of the Russian Academy of Arts (1988), rector Azerbaijan State Academy of Arts (2001), academician)
- Omar Dani ((1924 - 2009)) Indonesian military leader, Air Marshal)
- Omar Khayyam, Omar Alkayyam, Giyasaddin Abu-al-Fath Omar ibn Ibrahim al-Khayyam Nishapuri ((1048 - 1131) Persian poet, mathematician, philosopher, astronomer, astrologer. Omar Khayyam is famous all over the world for his quatrains "rubai". In algebra He built a classification of cubic equations and gave their solutions using conic sections. In Iran, Omar Khayyam is also known for creating a more accurate calendar than the European one, which was officially used since the 11th century.)
- Mohammed Omar, also known as Mulla Omar ((born 1962/1959) real name - Said Muhammad Akhunzadeh; founder of the Taliban movement, "Emir of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan", who was recognized in this capacity only by three internationally recognized states)
- Omar al-Sharif ((born 1932) Egyptian actor, famous for his work in American and European cinema. Two-time Golden Globe winner (1963, 1966) and Oscar nominee (1963).)
- Omar Ahmed Khadr ((born 1986) Canadian citizen, captured at the age of fifteen on July 27, 2002, by a special unit of the US Army in Afghanistan, during a 4 hour battle in Ayub Kheil village, and held at Guantanamo Bay from October 2002 to this day)
- Mukhtar, Omar al-Mukhtar, Umar al-Mukhtar ((1861 - 1931) leader of the armed struggle of the population of Cyrenaica against the Italian invaders in 1923-1931, national hero of the Libyan people)
- Omar Hashim Epps ((born 1973) American actor, producer, composer of Afro-Arab origin, best known for his role in the television series "House")
- Gumer Usmanov ((born 1932) Soviet party and statesman)
- Gumer Minnibaev ((1923 - 1999) deputy squadron commander of the 947th Sevastopol assault aviation regiment of the 289th assault aviation division of the 7th assault aviation corps of the 14th air army of the 3rd Baltic Front, senior lieutenant. Hero of the Soviet Union.)
- Gumer Bashirov ((1901 - 1999) Soviet Tatar writer, People's Writer of the Tatar Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (1986), laureate of the Stalin Prize of the second degree (1951))
The meaning of the name Aaron - a detailed description of the origin and characteristics of the name, the date of the name day, famous people
The meaning of the name Abram - a detailed description of the origin and features of the name, the date of the name day, famous people
The meaning of the name Augustine - a detailed description of the origin and features of the name, the date of the name day, famous people
The meaning of the name Avaz - a detailed description of the origin and characteristics of the name, the date of the name day, famous people
The meaning of the name Agap - a detailed description of the origin and features of the name, the date of the name day, famous people