Table of contents:
Video: The Meaning Of The Name Taras
2023 Author: Bridjet Hardman | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 12:09
Short form of the name Taras. Taraska, Tarasik, Asya, Tarasko, Tarasichok, Tarasunchik, Tarasunya, Tarasuno, Tarasio.
Synonyms for the name Taras. Tarasius, Tarasios.
The origin of the name Taras. The name Taras is Russian, Orthodox, Catholic, Greek.
The name Taras is the Russian form of the Greek name Tarasios, meaning "rebel", "rebel", "troublemaker", "restless". The ancient form of this name is Tarasiy (mentioned in the Orthodox calendar).
One of the variants of the origin of the name Taras is the character of ancient Greek mythology - the son of the god Poseidon and the nymph Satyrion - Tarentum. His name was later transformed into Taras, and a city and a river were named after him.
There is an opinion that the name Taras comes from the Latin word "taurus", which means "bull", "ox", and this is how the constellation Taurus is called in Latin. Also this name was borne by a mountain range, a gorge between Cappadocia and Cilicia, - Taurus (Latin pronunciation "taurus"). Now in Russia the name is almost never found, although it was previously widespread - this fact is evidenced by the presence of a large number of carriers of the surname Tarasov. The name is actively used in Belarus, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, as well as in Ukraine.
Affectionate address Asya is also used as an independent name and is a short form of many male and female names.
Since childhood, little Taras has been distinguished by mobility and stubbornness. He is completely unaffected and always acts in his own way, even if he pretended to agree with absolutely everything. Usually these boys are distinguished by intelligence and diverse talents, but in order to realize their ideas, they lack determination.
Taras grows up as a rather uncommunicative toddler, and he usually has few close friends. He is always immersed in his thoughts, silent and likes to read or watch TV in his free time. Taras understands people quite well and can get to know the person of interest himself, but he does it as if reluctantly.
Winter representatives are distinguished by their silence and isolation. Autumn men have a very purposeful and active character. Summer Taras is also a very active and energetic man. Spring representatives with this name are the most vulnerable, it is easy to offend them.
In his professional activity, Taras lacks perseverance to achieve his goals, so he often shares his ideas with the people around him, since he himself cannot bring them to life. Due to his lack of ambition, Taras may miss many opportunities in his career. In general, he is more suited to the role of an executor, since he needs a manager in business. He is unable to resolve organizational issues when it is necessary to negotiate or get something. New cases scare him very much because of the potential difficulties that Taras may face.
Winter and fall representatives with this name can work as a teacher, dentist or epidemiologist. Summer and spring men become talented trainers, translators, journalists or teachers.
Taras's wife needs an economic and active one in order to complement her husband, who lacks hard work and initiative. If the wife takes care of the household, then Taras in this case will be able to come to grips with material well-being. Often a divorced woman becomes his chosen one, and even the presence of her children does not stop Taras. He has not so many bad habits and he drinks quite a bit. He practically does not participate in household chores, except that he controls the expenses of his wife. The main thing is that at the same time Taras does not show stinginess and pettiness.
Birthday of Taras
Taras celebrates name days on February 25, March 9, March 10, March 22, May 26, June 20, August 15, October 25.
Famous people named Taras
- Tarasius ((about 730 - 806) Patriarch of Constantinople since 784, revered as a saint in the Orthodox and Catholic Churches)
- Taras Shevchenko ((1814 - 1861) Ukrainian and Russian poet and prose writer, artist. Shevchenko's literary heritage is considered the basis of Ukrainian literature and, in many respects, the modern literary Ukrainian language.)
- Taras Chornovil (Chornovil) (Ukrainian politician)
- Taras Bidenko (Ukrainian professional boxer in the heavyweight division)
- Taras Borovets (pseudonyms: Taras Bulba, Chub, Gonta, most often known as Taras Bulba-Borovets; Ukrainian nationalist, leader of the so-called Bulbovites (1908 - 1981))
- Taras Franko ((1889 - 1971) Ukrainian Soviet writer, son of Ivan Franko)
- Taras Bulba (Cossack colonel - the hero of the story of the same name by Nikolai Gogol)
- Taras Tsarikayev (Russian footballer, defender (formerly striker))
- Taras Shtonda ((born 1966) Ukrainian opera singer (bass), soloist of the National Opera of Ukraine, guest soloist of the Bolshoi Theater, People's Artist of Ukraine (2008))
- Taras Epifantsev (Russian theater and film actor)
- Taras Durai (Ukrainian footballer, defender)
- Taras Mikhalik (Ukrainian footballer, central defender of Dynamo Kiev and the Ukrainian national team)
- Taras Gaponenko ((1906 - 1993) Soviet painter; People's Artist of the USSR (1976), laureate of the Stalin Prize of the second degree (1947))
- Taras Sidash ((born 1972) Russian philosopher, poet and translator)
- Taras Fedorovich (also Taras Shake, Hassan Tarassa, Hassan Trassa; hetman of the Zaporozhye unregistered Cossacks (since 1629), an active participant in the struggle for the liberation of Ukraine from the rule of Poland (died about 1637))
- Taras Khtey (Russian volleyball player, out-player, captain of the Lokomotiv-Belogorye team, player of the Russian national team)
- Taras Petrivsky (Ukrainian footballer)
- Taras Lutsenko (former Ukrainian football player, goalkeeper)
- Taras Yavorsky (Ukrainian footballer)
- Taras Prokhasko ((born 1968) modern Ukrainian prose writer, one of the leaders of the Stanislav phenomenon)
- Taras Stepanenko (Ukrainian footballer)
The meaning of the name Aaron - a detailed description of the origin and characteristics of the name, the date of the name day, famous people
The meaning of the name Abram - a detailed description of the origin and features of the name, the date of the name day, famous people
The meaning of the name Augustine - a detailed description of the origin and features of the name, the date of the name day, famous people
The meaning of the name Avaz - a detailed description of the origin and characteristics of the name, the date of the name day, famous people
The meaning of the name Agap - a detailed description of the origin and features of the name, the date of the name day, famous people