Table of contents:
Video: The Meaning Of The Name Semyon (Sema)
The short form of the name Semyon. Syoma, Senya, Senyukha, Senyusha, Sima, Semyonka, Simanya, Simonya, Sim, Simi, Simon.
Synonyms for the name Semyon. Simeon, Simon, Simon, Simone, Simun, Shimon, Seimon.
The origin of the name Semyon. The name Semyon is Russian, Orthodox, Catholic.
The name Semyon is the Russian form of the ancient Hebrew name Simeon (Shimon), which means "hearer", "heard by God." The paired female name is Simona (for the name Simon).
A similar interpretation - "God heard" - also has the name Samuel, which is a related name for the name Semyon. In various variations, this name is also used as Simon, Simon, Shimon, Seimon, which is similar to Samuel, Semyon, Shamil, Samvel in European countries, among Russians, Muslims and Armenians.
Character and destiny. Semyon has leadership qualities and solidity in business. The gift of making friends quickly and the ability to be an excellent worker will eventually make him an excellent leader and organizer. Semyon has creative abilities, he approaches any business a little creatively. It doesn't matter what it is about, about finding a book, about writing a program, about repairing a house - everything will be somehow special.
Semyon possesses such "non-masculine" qualities as meekness, gentleness and mercy. But thanks to them, he becomes that unique man that women dream of. In the house he is a zealous owner, a caring father with children, an attentive son with his parents, and support and support for his wife.
With his appearance, Semyon is always very similar to his mother. In addition, the owner of this name often inherits such traits of a female character as kindness and gentleness.
A person like Semyon can always be described as a reliable and devoted friend who is simply unable to refuse help. Often he perceives other people's problems very closely and is always sincere in his attitude.
By nature, the owner of the name Semyon is a talented person. They often succeed in various fields. Semyon will make an excellent writer, scientist, doctor, musician or teacher. A man is constant not only in his affairs, but also in relations with other people. So, when he has achieved a lot in life, he will not neglect his former friends or consider them unworthy of communication with him. He is always ready to show concern for people close to him and help in resolving any issues. In addition, Semyon will never forget to congratulate you on the holiday, he will always call or come to visit.
It is safe to say that Semyon's chosen one was lucky with her husband. The wife of the owner of this name usually gets principled and persistent. At its core, Semyon is a very domestic person. He does not forget to help his wife in household matters, while trying to understand the essence of the problem. A man is always ready to go for groceries, while postponing all his affairs. Another of Semyon's qualities is economy. He loves his children very much and spends a huge amount of time with them. The owner of this name is able to manage the household himself, while he will never be wasteful.
The main qualities of Semyon's personality include his intellect, will and attractiveness. Despite the fact that at first glance, the owner of this name may seem like a rather boring man, he is reasonable, patient and always perfectly organized. In addition, it has a certain mystery. It is worth noting that Semyon, for all his positive characteristics, is quite vindictive. He always remembers the wrongs inflicted on him. In disputes with other people, he always tries to be objective and not to succumb to other people's influence. Outwardly, he is always absolutely calm, while emotions are constantly raging in his soul. It is worth noting that with all its positive features, Semyon sometimes enjoys the experiences of other people.
With age, self-confidence in the owner of this name becomes more and more noticeable. Such a man has enormous capacity for work and inexhaustible intellectual potential. Sometimes Semyon shows a violent reaction to this or that event.
Semyon is a wonderful worker. He appreciates his work very much, so he is ready to completely immerse himself in the work process for an appropriate financial reward and do the maximum in his power. Such a man can make a good politician or policeman.
The owner of this name has a well-developed intuition. He is rarely ready to fully disclose to anyone all his plans and intentions. Likes to act covertly, while manipulating other people. Semyon is always negatively disposed towards everything that can somehow interfere with his business. He does not like to shackle himself with moral frames, he always strives for spiritual freedom.
The popularity of the name Semyon. The name Semyon can be called average in popularity. Until the 20s of the twentieth century, it was mainly used among the peasant population, but in general it occupied the 50th lines of the popularity of male names. After the revolution of 1917, interest in the name falls, since completely new Soviet names are replacing the "peasant" names, therefore, the name Semyon was rarely encountered in the USSR.
The name reappears in everyday life at the end of the 90s of the twentieth century, when interest in the old traditional names appears among the population, but not so much, therefore the name Semyon rises in the ranking to 30 positions, and not throughout the country, but only in some areas, for example, in Belgorod or Tula. Over the past twelve months, interest in the name has remained virtually unchanged, while showing noticeable fluctuations. The popularity of the name reached its maximum in March 2016.
Semyon celebrates his name day on January 10, January 17, February 8, February 14, February 16, February 23, February 26, March 25, April 18, April 30, May 2, May 10, May 23, May 31, June 6, June 28, July 8, July 13, July 25, August 3, September 14, September 25, October 7, October 11, November 12, November 17, November 22, December 3, December 7, December 29, December 31.
Famous people named Semyon
- Semyon Chelyuskin (Arctic explorer (about 1700 -1760))
- Semyon Aizenstein (radio engineer, one of the founders of Russian radiotelegraphy (1884-1962))
- Semyon Dezhnev (pathfinder and polar navigator (about 1605-1673))
- Semyon Kosberg (designer of aircraft and rocket engines (1903-1965))
- Semyon Lavochkin (aircraft designer (1900-1960))
- Semyon Farada (theater and film actor)
- Semyon Naryshkin ((1710-1775) one of the prominent political figures of the era of Catherine II)
- Semyon Shchedrin (Russian artist)
- Semyon Gudzenko (Soviet front-line poet)
- Semyon Timoshenko (Soviet military leader, Marshal of the Soviet Union)
- Semyon Vengerov (Russian literary critic, literary historian, editor, bibliographer)
- Semyon Maslyukov (Russian circus and stage artist)
- Semyon Sokolovsky (Soviet actor, played the famous role of Colonel Skopin in the TV series "Experts lead the investigation")
- Semyon Spivak (theater director, People's Artist of the Russian Federation)
- Semyon Strugachev (Russian theater and film actor, Honored Artist of Russia; film fame brought the role of Lev Soloveichik in the film "Peculiarities of the National Hunt")
- Semyon Budyonny (1883 - 1973) Soviet military leader, participant in the Civil War, commander of the First Cavalry Army, one of the first Marshals of the Soviet Union, Three times Hero of the Soviet Union)
- Semyon Slepakov (Russian producer, screenwriter, comedian, bard)
- The Apostle Peter ((died approx. 67) in Christianity is one of the twelve apostles (disciples) of Jesus Christ. In Catholicism it is traditionally considered the first Pope of Rome. The original name of the apostle was Simon (Shimon). The name Peter originated from the nickname Cephas (aram. - "Stone") that Jesus gave him.)
- Simon the Cyrene (a character of the New Testament who carried the Cross for the crucifixion of Jesus Christ part of the way of the cross)
- Simon Dach ((1605 - 1659) poet, primarily known as the author of the lyrics to the song "Anchen from Tarau", still popular in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. In total, Dach wrote about one and a half thousand poems, some of them in Latin. He wrote solemn odes in honor of important events, hymns, friendly messages, poems for any occasion.)
- Simon Vouet ((1590 - 1649) French monumental painter, portraitist and decorator)
- Simon Marius ((1573 - 1624) real name - Simon Mayr; German astronomer)
- Simon Sechter ((1788 - 1867) Austrian organist, composer and music theorist)
- Shimon Okolsky, from the Ravich family ((1580 - 1653) historian, heraldic, compiler of the Polish heraldic book, famous preacher. As a monk, he actively preached in the city and its environs and gained fame among the local population: Okolsky was nicknamed "Shimon from Kamenets."
- Simon van der Meer ((1925 - 2011) Dutch physicist, Nobel Prize winner in physics in 1984, together with Carlo Rubbia, "for his decisive contribution to a large project, the implementation of which led to the discovery of the field quanta W and Z - carriers of weak interaction" Van der Meer invented a method of stochastic cooling of beams in accelerators, which allowed the discovery of W and Z bosons at the 500 GeV SPS collider at CERN in the UA-1 experiment led by Carlo Rubbia Van der Meer was a member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Sciences and the International Academy of Sciences.)
- Shimon Bar-Kokhba (the leader of the Jews in the Bar-Kokhba Revolt against the Romans under the Emperor Hadrian, in 131-135 AD)
- Simon Budny ((1530 - 1593), a well-known socialist preacher of the 16th century, humanist, educator, church reformer. He published the New Testament with commentaries and remarks, which was the first attempt in world literature to make a radical rationalist criticism of the Gospel. He supported the concept of a limited, enlightened monarchy. the first ideologues of the development of Belarusian culture in their native language.)
- Archbishop Simon ((born 1949) in the world - Valentin Getya; Bishop of the Russian Orthodox Church, Archbishop of Murmansk and Monchegorsk)
- Simon Magus (from the Samaritan town of Gitton, a contemporary of the apostles, according to legend, the founder of the Gnostic sect of the Simonian, or the Elengian (named after his companion Helena), which existed until the III century. According to the general opinion of some ancient Christian writers (Justin, Irenaeus, Hippolytus, Tertullian, etc..), Simon Magus was the ancestor of Gnosticism and all heresies in the church.)
- Simon Simonyan, also known as Simon, son of Ove from the Sasun village of Kermav ((1914 - 1986) Armenian intellectual, writer, publicist, teacher)
- Simon Stevin ((1548/1549 - 1620) Flemish mathematician and engineer. Simon Stevin became known primarily for his book "The Tenth" (De Thiende), published in Flemish and French in 1585. It was after her that decimal Another merit of Stevin is a break with the ancient tradition and a complete equalization of the rights of irrational numbers. He also proved the law of equilibrium of a body on an inclined plane, proceeding from the impossibility of a perpetual motion machine. Stevin formulated the rule of vector addition of forces - however, only for a particular case of perpendicular forces. In general, the rule was discovered by Roberval.Around 1600, Stevin showed his fellow citizens his invention - a land sailing yacht on wheels, and rode the prince along the coast faster than a horse.Stevin wrote works on mechanics, geometry, invented double accounting (debit / credit). In 1590, he compiled tables that indicated the time of the onset of the tides anywhere, depending on the position of the moon. Stevin is the author of a treatise on music theory (Vande spiegheling der singconst, in Flemish), which was not published during the author's lifetime. Stevinus crater on the Moon, one of the squares of the city of Bruges, where a monument to the scientist is erected, as well as a ship for filling pipes on the seabed (dredging company "Jan de Nul", Belgium, 2010) are named in Stevin's memory.Stevin is the author of a treatise on music theory (Vande spiegheling der singconst, in Flemish), which was not published during the author's lifetime. Stevinus crater on the Moon, one of the squares of the city of Bruges, where a monument to the scientist is erected, as well as a ship for filling pipes on the seabed (dredging company "Jan de Nul", Belgium, 2010) are named in Stevin's memory.Stevin is the author of a treatise on music theory (Vande spiegheling der singconst, in Flemish), which was not published during the author's lifetime. Stevinus crater on the Moon, one of the squares of the city of Bruges, where a monument to the scientist is erected, as well as a ship for filling pipes on the seabed (dredging company "Jan de Nul", Belgium, 2010) are named in Stevin's memory.
- Simon de Fliger ((1601 - 1653) Dutch painter. He is one of the first marine painters of the Dutch school of painting and painted both storm and calm sea, individual ships and entire fleets and sea battles. De Fliger masterfully conveys the reflection of sunlight on the sea The creative heritage of Simon de Fliger is extensive and is kept in the art galleries of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Copenhagen, St. Petersburg, Vienna, Budapest, Dresden, Berlin, Schwerin, etc. De Fliger also created a number of landscape engravings.)
- Simon (Pimen) Ushakov ((1626 - 1686) Russian Moscow icon painter and graphic artist)
- Simon Soloveichik ((1930 - 1996) an outstanding Russian pedagogical theorist, journalist, writer, public figure. S. L. Soloveichik was a leading Russian pedagogical journalist from the early 1960s to the end of his life. In his articles, books, collective manifestos he summarized and presented the key ideas of “Pedagogy of cooperation.” In 1984-1988 he was (along with the editor-in-chief VF Matveev) the ideological leader of the “Uchitelskaya Gazeta”, in 1992 he created the newspaper “September First”. the work of Simon Lvovich Soloveichik - the book "Pedagogy for All" (1977-1986), where he outlined philosophical views on the values, goals, means and conditions of raising children, outlined a picture of how ethics and pedagogy mutually condition each other; showed how the heart is brought up, the mind and spirit of a free person.)
- Simon Shnol ((born 1930) Soviet and Russian biophysicist, historian of Soviet and Russian science, Professor of the Biophysics Department of the Physics Faculty of Moscow State University, former head of the Physical Biochemistry Laboratory of the Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Pushchino), Doctor of Biological Sciences, Member of the Russian Academy Natural sciences Areas of interest: oscillatory processes in biological systems, the theory of evolution, cosmophysical correlations of biological and physicochemical processes, history of science Honored Soros professor Member of the editorial board of the journal "Priroda" Brother of mathematician and teacher EE Shnol. Father of biologist, geneticist, leading modern evolutionist Alexei Kondrashov, grandfather of F.A. Kondrashov.)
- Simon Schwendener ((1829 - 1919) Swiss botanist)
- Simon Bolivar ((1783 - 1830) full name - Simon Jose Antonio de la Santisima Trinidad Bolivar de la Concepcion and Ponte Palacios and Blanco; the most influential and famous of the leaders of the war of independence of the Spanish colonies in America. National hero of Venezuela. General. Freed from Spanish domination Venezuela, New Granada (modern Colombia and Panama), the province of Quito (modern Ecuador), in 1819-1830 the president of Greater Colombia, created on the territory of these countries.In 1824 he liberated Peru and became the head of the Republic of Bolivia formed on the territory of Upper Peru (1825), named after him. Proclaimed Liberator (1813) by the National Congress of Venezuela.)
- Simon the Righteous, Shim'on ha-Tzaddik (high priest of the era of the Second Temple, teacher of Antigonus of Sohei. Simon the Righteous is a great sage, "one of the last men of the Great Assembly" (Knesset Agdol), who took over the Torah from the hands of the prophets. For forty years he was high priest Jerusalem Temple.)
- Shimon Marcin Kossakovsky, Simon Martin Kossakovsky ((1741 - 1794) Polish statesman, member of the Bar and Targovitsky confederations, full Lithuanian hetman (1792-1793), the last great hetman of Lithuania (1793-1794))
- Semyon (Shimon) Dubnov ((1860 - 1941) Russian Jewish historian, publicist and public figure, one of the classics and creators of the scientific history of the Jewish people. He wrote in Russian and Yiddish.)
- Shimon Okshtein ((born 1951) famous contemporary American artist)
- Shimon Gridi ((1912 - 2003) Israeli political, statesman and public figure, member of the Knesset of the 2nd convocation from the Association of Yemeni Jews in Israel)
- Shimon (Simon) Wizunas Shydlovsky ((died 1906) participant in the Polish uprising of 1863)
- Shimon Starowolski ((1588 - 1656) Polish writer, historian)
- Semyon (Shimon) Chertok ((1931 - 2006) publicist, journalist, film critic)
- Shimon Holloshi ((1857 - 1918) Hungarian artist. He toured a lot, taught in different cities and countries. In the summer, he usually worked with students in the vicinity of Nagybanya, leaving a number of rural scenes and landscapes.)
- Shimon Zimorowicz ((1608/1604/1609 - 1629) Polish poet of Armenian origin. One of the greatest poets in Poland. The founder of realism in Polish literature. He gained European fame with his poetry in Latin, and in his homeland he was named "Polish Pindar".)
- Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai (RASHBI) ((II century AD) one of the most prominent Jewish teachers of the law, tanna (sage who lived during the Mishnah period) of the fourth generation, a righteous man, the founder of Kabbalah. Lived in the second century AD. Disciple of Rabbi Akiva. Mentioned many times in the Talmud. In the Kabbalistic tradition, he is considered the author of the Book of the Zohar.)
- Shimon Ashkenazi ((1866 - 1935) Polish historian, politician and diplomat of Jewish origin)
- Semyon (Simeon), nicknamed Proud ((1317 - 1353) Prince of Moscow and Grand Duke of Vladimir from 1340 to 1353, Prince of Novgorod (1346 - 1353). Eldest son of Grand Duke Ivan Kalita and his first wife, Princess Elena.)
- Simeon Sinisha Urosh Palaeologus Nemanich (king of Epirus from 1359 to 1366, ruler of Thessaly from 1359 to 1371)
- Simeon ten Holt ((1923 - 2012) Dutch composer. Ten Holt studied with the avant-garde composer Jacob van Domselier, but ultimately created his own minimalist style. Basically, ten Holt's music is tonal, euphonious; his music consists of sections the number of repetitions of which the performer himself chooses. Many of ten Holt's works (for example, "Canto Ostinato") use a harmony very close to European music of the era of romanticism. Thus, his minimalism is completely European, and he was not influenced by rock, jazz and ethnic music as American minimalists.Van Domselier's influence on ten Holt's music is significant.The young composer took over the teacher's interests, for example, the connection between music and the visual arts, the relationship between music and mathematics, the use of the piano,as the main tool. Many of ten Holt's works are written for one or more pianos.)
- Bishop Simeon ((died 1515) in the world - Stremoukhov, according to other sources - Beardless; Bishop of Suzdal and Tarusa. Tonsured and disciple of the Monk Joseph of Volotsk. Since 1507 - Archimandrite of the Moscow Spaso-Androniev Monastery. of all Russia Barlaam.)
- Simeon Chyorny (an icon painter in Moscow. In 1344 he worked in the Church of the Savior, in Moscow. In 1395, together with Theophanes the Greek, he painted the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin and the chapel of St. Lazarus in the Moscow Kremlin.)
- His Eminence Archbishop Simeon Anthony Pereira ((1927 - 2006) Catholic Archbishop, Ordinary of the Archdiocese of Karachi)
- Simeon I the Great ((864 - 927) Prince of Bulgaria since 893, since 918 - Tsar. Third son of Prince Boris I, father of Peter I. Came to power after Boris I overthrew his reigning son Vladimir, who led the pagan reaction.)
- Sain-Bulat khan ((died 1616) after baptism - Simeon Bekbulatovich, in monasticism - Stephen; Kasimov khan in 1567-1573, son of Bek-Bulat Sultan, great-grandson of Akhmat-khan, who ruled the Great Horde. Together with his father he switched to service to Ivan IV Vasilyevich the Terrible He took part in the Livonian campaigns of the 1570s During the years of the oprichnina Ivan insisted on naming Simeon “the great prince of all Russia” (1575-1576), although, in fact, the descendant of Genghis Khan had no political weight and remained only figurehead. Since 1576 - the Grand Duke of Tver.)
- Simeon Metaphrast, Simeon the Magister, Simeon Logothete, Simeon Logofet (Byzantine writer, statesman, lived in the second half of the 10th century)
- Bishop Simon ((1873 - 1921) in the world - Simeon Shleev; Bishop of the Russian Orthodox Church, Bishop of Ufa and Sterlitamak. Author of a number of works on common faith. Numbered among the saints of the Russian Orthodox Church in 2000.)
- Simon Dent ((born 1950) British-German oboist and music educator; soloist with the Berlin Symphony Orchestra and the Bavarian State Opera Orchestra, lecturer at the Richard Strauss Conservatory in Munich)
- Simon Clarke (English writer, predominantly working in the horror genre. In the late 1980s, he began publishing his first stories in small fanzines; one of them sold to the local branch of the BBC. Clark's name soon became famous enough to allow him to combine his early stories to a collection and publish it in 1990 under the title Blood and Sand. Simon Clarke is the author of twenty novels, mainly related to the genres of horror and post-apocalyptic. Some of them are combined in a series. Continuation of the novel "The Day of the Triffids" by John Wyndham - "Night triffids "- is considered one of the best works of the author.)
- Simon Pegg ((born 1970) birth name - Simon John Buckingham; English actor, comedian, screenwriter, writer, producer and director. Best known for his work in the films "Zombie Called Sean", "Kinda Tough Pointers" and "Run fat man, run. ")
- Simon Jonathan Sebag-Montefiore ((born 1965) is an English journalist and historian specializing in the history of Russia and the USSR. His books have become bestsellers and highly praised by critics.)
- Simon Charles Penderred McCorkindale ((1952 - 2010) British actor, director, producer)
- Simon Gass ((born 1956) British diplomat. Served in the Foreign Office since 1977. In 2004-2009, British Ambassador to Greece. Since spring 2009, British Ambassador to Iran. Since the beginning of 2011, he has been banned from entering Iran. Senior NATO Civilian Representative in Afghanistan since 2011. Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (2011).)
- Simon Fuller ((born 1960) English music and television producer, creator of the Idol series of television music talent shows, which began in the UK as Pop Idol, followed by American Idol, Australian Idol, Canadian Idol, Deutschland sucht den Superstar, Indian Idol, Nouvelle Star, New Zealand Idol, World Idol and others. Was the creator and producer of Spice Girls. Produced by Victoria Beckham, Claudio Schiffer, Carrie Underwood and many others. In 2007 Simon Fuller was named one of the 100 most influential people by Time magazine in the world.)
- Simon Hermitage ((born 1963) English poet and prose writer. Hermitage also writes for radio, film and television. He is the author of the libretto for Stuart McRae's opera The Death Tree (2006). Winner of several awards. In 2006 he was a jury for the Griffin Poetry Prize and the Booker Prize.)
- Simon Matthew ((born 1984) Danish pop musician. The singer won the Danish Melodi Grand Prix 2008 and got the opportunity to represent Denmark at the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest with the song “All Night Long.” The musician calls his style “melodic rock "The first single, These Arms, topped the Danish National Chart Tjeklisten for five weeks. Matthew's next single," Dreamer, "also charted high on the local charts and played on radio for a long time.)
- Hallucinogen (pseudonym, real name - Simon Posford; British electronic musician specializing in goa trance and psychedelic trance. The first album "Twisted" proved to be one of the most significant on the world psychedelic trance scene. The subsequent album "The Lone Deranger" strengthened this position.)
- Simon Smith Kuznets ((1901 - 1985) birth name - Semyon Kuznets; American economist. Nobel Prize Winner in Economics 1971 "for an empirically grounded interpretation of economic growth, which led to a new, deeper understanding of the economic and social structure and development process in in general. "President of the American Economic Association in 1954. Awarded the Francis Walker Medal (1977). Students of Professor Simon Kuznets - Nobel laureates in economics Milton Friedman and Robert Vogel.)
- Simon Webb ((born 1979) singer, producer, actor)
- Simun av Skardi (Faroese poet, politician and teacher; author of the Faroe Islands anthem.)
- Simone Martini ((about 1284 - 1344) a major Italian painter of the XIV century, a representative of the Sienese school of painting)
- Simone Pedroni ((born 1968) Italian pianist. In 1992 he was awarded second prize at the Arthur Rubinstein Piano Competition in Israel and first prize at the Queen Sonja Competition in Norway, in 1993 won the Van Cliburn Piano Competition in the USA Tours widely around the world. Recorded Goldberg Variations by Johann Sebastian Bach, Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorgsky, works by Franz Schubert, Franz Liszt, Arvo Pärt.)
- Simone Vaturi ((born 1988) is an Italian figure skater performing in ice dancing with Lorenza Alessandrini. A pair - champions of Italy among juniors in 2009 and two-time bronze medalists of national championships among adults. As of April 2012, ranked 19th in the ranking International Skating Union (ISU).)
- Simone Andrea Ganz ((born 1993) Italian footballer, striker)
- Simone Pepe ((born 1983) Italian footballer, full midfielder of the Italian national team)
- Simone Del Nero ((born 1981) Italian footballer, left midfielder. Currently a free agent.)
- Simone Barone ((born 1978) former Italian footballer, midfielder, 2006 world champion)
- Simone Farina ((born 1982) Italian footballer, defender. A footballer who spent his entire career in the lower divisions, became famous after refusing to participate in a match fixing and reporting this to the police.)
- Simone Perrotta ((born 1977) Italian professional footballer, midfielder of the Italian national team, 2006 world champion)
- Simone Cristikki ((born 1977) Italian singer, composer and musician in rock, rap, pop style)
- Simone Loria ((born 1976) Italian footballer, defender)
- Simone Padoin ((born 1984) Italian footballer, midfielder)
- Simone Vagnozzi ((born 1983) Italian professional tennis player)