Table of contents:
Video: The Meaning Of The Name Kuzma (Kuzya)
The short form of the name Kuzma. Kuzya, Kuzyuta, Kuzyaha, Kuzyasha, Kosek, Kosmik, Kosek, Kosmasek, Kosmake, Kuz, Kuzko, Kuzema, Kuzemka, Kuzemochka, Kuzmichok, Kuzmina.
Synonyms for the name Kuzma. Cosma, Cosma, Kozma, Kozmo, Cozmo, Cosmas, Cosmos, Kom, Cosme, Cosimo, Kuzo, Kuzma, Kuzman, Kuisma.
The origin of the name Kuzma. The name Kuzma is Russian, Orthodox, Catholic, Greek.
The name Kuzma has Greek roots. It was formed from the Greek name Kosmas, which is close in meaning to the word "blacksmith". Initially, the name sounded like Cosma, later in the Russian language it was transformed into Kosma, Kozma and Kuzma. In modern times, only the name Kuzma is used. Such surnames as Kuzmin, Kuzmenko, Kuzmintsev and others were formed from this name.
Among Christians, Saints Cosmas (Kuzma) and Damian (Demyan) of Asia are especially revered. They are considered patrons of weddings, crafts (especially blacksmithing and women's handicrafts), doctors and poultry. They are also revered as saints who heal from diseases. Catholics have name days for Cosmas - February 6, September 10, September 26. The rest of the dates indicated are Orthodox name days.
Little Kuzma grows up fidgety, ringleader and mischievous. He does not listen well to his elders, easily forgets his promises of good behavior, and is often distracted by games. In the courtyard, he is the ringleader, the main organizer of all games. Often other boys blame him for their faults, and Kuzma takes all the blame on himself. The boy endures punishments steadfastly, but he can harbor a grudge against unfair ones.
Kuzma is characterized by a stable psyche and an independent character. He really perceives the world and does not make tragedy from scratch. Outwardly, Kuzma looks like his mother, but his character is rather paternal. He is a very addicted person. When Kuzma is busy with what he loves, he forgets about everything in the world.
The adult Kuzma is balanced, but, nevertheless, capable of extraordinary actions. This is a brave man, he resolutely defends justice and is always ready to protect his friends. Kuzma is resourceful and capable of taking risks; he can easily greatly change his lifestyle. It's not safe to be around such a person, but it's interesting. Next to him, you always need to be ready for surprises and changes.
Kuzma enjoys respect and trust among colleagues. People around him can rely on him, he keeps his promises, seeks not to let down his comrades. Kuzma feels the mood of his superiors, so he rarely comes to conflicts with him, but does not like to adapt to the authorities. Kuzma is attracted by diversity and he chooses interesting work, connected with travel and live communication with people. If the new business is to his liking, he will take it up with enthusiasm.
Kuzma has tremendous intellectual abilities. To implement them, a man with this name needs self-discipline and a clear definition of the goal. Kuzma has a synthetic mindset, he is able to quickly assess the situation, but at the same time he will miss some trifles. To achieve his goal, Kuzma is able to disregard the norms of public morality, making a compromise with his own conscience. Kuzma is characterized by some nervousness and weakness of will. So, he can unexpectedly change a promising job. Kuzma's well-developed intuition and vivid imagination play a role in such actions. Kuzma lacks firmness to build a good career.
In relations with the fair sex, Kuzma is not constant, his companions often replace one another. Often his first marriage is ill-considered and quickly ends in divorce. Kuzma is more responsible for the next marriage. With a new lover, he meets for a long time, perhaps he lives with her, but he is no longer in a hurry to formalize the relationship. Only after having checked the relationship for strength more than once, Kuzma will agree to register a new marriage and have children.
Kuzma loves children very much, and if there are children left in the first marriage, then the breakup is painful. Kuzma will perfectly replace his mother for his child, for his sake he is ready to make many sacrifices, for example, change jobs, refuse business trips. Kuzma does a lot around the house. He has really "golden hands".
Kuzma's name is sonorous, known to many for sayings and witticisms. This will certainly entail the wit of others, and as a result, develop a painful vanity in Kuzma. Only a good sense of humor can save Kuzma from an inferiority complex, it will even help to establish himself in the team. Among friends Kuzma is known as a good-natured, cheerful and good-natured person.
Kuzma celebrates name days on January 15, February 6, March 3, March 8, May 1, June 21, June 23, July 14, July 31, August 2, August 11, August 16, September 6, September 10, September 26, October 5, October 18, October 23, October 25, October 27, October 30, November 11, November 13, November 14, November 16, December 8, December 15.
Famous people named Kuzma
- Kuzma (Kozma) Minin ((late 16th century - 1616) full name - Kuzma Minich Zakharyev Sukhorukiy; Russian national hero, organizer and one of the leaders of the Zemsky militia of 1611-1612 during the period of the struggle of the Russian people against the Polish and Swedish intervention)
- Brothers Kuzma and Luka (Lukash) Mamonichi (merchants, book publishers and public figures of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania (GDL). At their house in Vilna in 1574-1623 there was a printing house based on their funds "House of Mamonichs", by 1623 published about 85 editions.)
- Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin ((1878 - 1939) Russian and Soviet symbolist painter, graphic artist, art theorist, writer and teacher, Honored Artist of the RSFSR (1930))
- Kozma Prutkov (a literary mask, under which poets Alexei Tolstoy (the largest contribution in quantitative terms), brothers Alexei, Vladimir and Alexander Zhemchuzhnikovs (in fact, appeared in the magazines Sovremennik, Iskra and others) in the 1950s and 1960s their collective pseudonym), as well as Pyotr Ershov. Satirical verses, aphorisms of Kozma Prutkov and his very image ridiculed mental stagnation, political "good intentions", parodied literary epigonism.)
- Kuzma Trubnikov ((1888 - 1974) Soviet military leader, participant of the Great Patriotic War, Colonel General)
- Nikolai Romanovsky, better known under the pseudonym Kuzma Chorny (sometimes Black is used) ((1900 - 1944) Belarusian writer)
- Kuzma Kiselyov ((1903 - 1977) Belarusian politician and diplomat)
- Kuzma Derevianko ((1904 - 1954) Soviet military leader, lieutenant general, Hero of Ukraine (the title was awarded posthumously by decree of May 7, 2007) During the Great Patriotic War - chief of staff of several armies (53rd, 57th, 4th He participated in the Battle of Kursk, in the battle for the Dnieper. He made a significant contribution to the successful completion of the Korsun-Shevchenko operation. His headquarters organized the defeat of the enemy in the Jassy-Kishinev operation. Participated in the liberation of Budapest and Vienna. In 1945 he signed from the Soviet Union. Japan's act of surrender.)
- Kuzma Andrianov ((1904 - 1978) Soviet chemist, academician of the USSR Academy of Sciences (1964; Corresponding Member 1953), Hero of Socialist Labor (1969))
- Kuzma Bilibin ((1908 - 1937) participant in the Spanish Civil War, commander of a tank platoon of an international tank brigade, junior commander, Hero of the Soviet Union)
- Kuzma Filatov ((1929 - 2008) Soviet statesman, Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Karelian ASSR, Deputy Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR (1986-1989))
- Kuzma Lutokhin (the governor of Saratov in 1670. His biography and track record are unknown. Only the circumstances of his death have come down to us: he was captured by the rebels archers. The next day, when Stepan Razin personally entered the city, Lutokhin was executed (apparently, The murder of Kuzma Lutokhin is mentioned in the death sentence of Razin. Kuzma Lutokhin became the only mayor of Saratov killed at his post during the uprising.)
- Kuzma Gurov ((1901 - 1943) Lieutenant General, member of the Military Council of the Southern Front, one of the leaders of the defense of Stalingrad and the liberation of Donbass)
- Kuzma Alekseev (the leader of the peasant unrest Teryukhan in 1806-1810. Known as the Mordovian prophet “Kuzya-god”, “Kuzka-God.” Perhaps he had the surname Pilyandin. The rites were held in secret in a prayer site (keremeti) near the village of Malago-Seskini. The place is still called Kuzminy Karavai, it is located on a Mordovian settlement of the 7th century in an old forest that grew on a spit of ravines with steep banks. In connection with the resistance of the believers, the government called in a large armed detachment, which captured the false prophet. The court decided to punish Kuzma Pelyandin "with a hundred blows of the whip on the mare and, after pulling out his nostrils and imposing brands, send him to hard labor."as indicated in the investigation file about "Kuz'ka-god". In 1810 he was exiled to the Irkutsk province, where he did not abandon his studies of sectarianism.)
- Kuzma Galitsky ((1897 - 1973) Soviet military leader, Hero of the Soviet Union, General of the Army)
- Kuzma Dekhtyarev ((1718 - 1774) Yaik Cossack, participant of the Pugachev uprising)
- Kuzma Gvozdev ((1882 - 1956) Russian revolutionary, leader of the Provisional Government, Menshevik)
- Konstantin "Kuzya UO" Ryabinov ((born 1964) Russian (Soviet) punk / rock musician, known, in particular, as one of the founders of the group "Civil Defense", associate and participant in many projects of Yegor Letov, artist and collage artist)
- Kuzma Purgin ((1903 - 1944) sergeant-communications officer, Hero of the Soviet Union. Awards: medal "Gold Star", Order of Lenin, medals. His name was given to a street in Bogdanovich, Sverdlovsk region. In memory of the Hero of the Soviet Union K. Purgin a memorial plaque was installed on the building of the Bogdanovich railway station in the Sverdlovsk region.)
- Kuzma Kachanov (Soviet military leader, in the initial period of World War II, commander of the 34th Army, Major General)
- Kuzma Kresnitsky ((1925 - 1995) Soviet, Belarusian director of animated films)
- Kuzma Petrulin ((1923 - 2005) Belarusian topographer, hydraulic engineer. Author of printed works and 19 rationalization proposals, including: "Device for measuring the depths and cross-section of rivers" (et al., 1975), "Six-channel transistor device for registering levels groundwater "," Meter of high velocities of water flow "(et al., 1976)," Device for determining the permeability of dense concrete and weakly filtering soils "(et al., 1978)," Device for determining the structural adhesion of soil "(1978). He was awarded the Order of the Patriotic War, II degree, medals of the USSR.)
- Kuzma Podlas ((1893 - 1942) Soviet military leader, lieutenant general (1941))
- Kuzma Shilnikov ((1901 - 1989) Soviet mining scientist, candidate of technical sciences (1948), associate professor (1949), rector of the Novocherkassk Polytechnic Institute in 1939-1949. Specialist in the construction of mining enterprises. He proposed a number of original developments used for the needs creation of mining industries.)
- Kuzma Abramov ((1914 - 2008) People's Writer of Mordovia, Erzyan)
- Kuzma Gnidash ((1914 - 1944) Soviet officer, intelligence officer, during the Great Patriotic War, participant in the partisan struggle in Ukraine and Belarus, commander of a sabotage and reconnaissance detachment. Hero of the Soviet Union (1945, posthumously), major.)
- Kuzma Trubnikov ((1888 - 1974) Soviet military leader, participant of the Great Patriotic War, Colonel General)
- Kozma Indikoplevst, "Kozma who sailed to India", Kosma Indikoplev (Byzantine merchant, wrote between 535 and 547 the theological and cosmographic treatise "Christian Topography" that has come down to us, rejecting the Ptolemy system and denying the sphericity of the Earth. His book was written under the influence of Nestorianism and later. was especially popular in the Christian East. In "Christian Topography" he depicted the structure of the Earth in the form of a flat, more oblong rectangle from west to east, in the middle of which there is a solid earth, washed by the ocean. The sun is hidden in the evening behind a cone-shaped mountain in the north, at night it moves behind to the east to ascend again in the morning. Above the firmament in the form of a double arch is Paradise, where all the largest rivers originate. The world resembles a casket or a chest. Very little is known about the life of Kozma himself. In addition to India, he visited the territory of modern Ethiopia, Iran, Arabia and the island of Ceylon as a merchant. Met with Justinian I. He was born in Alexandria. After completing the "Christian Topography", he entered one of the monasteries in Sinai. For his time he was a very educated person. His works are unique sources of the early Middle Ages, which have come down to our time in more or less full volume. In Russia, translations of his "Christian Topography" appeared no later than the XIV century.)His works are unique sources of the early Middle Ages, which have come down to our time in more or less full volume. In Russia, translations of his "Christian Topography" appeared no later than the XIV century.)His works are unique sources of the early Middle Ages, which have come down to our time in more or less full volume. In Russia, translations of his "Christian Topography" appeared no later than the XIV century.)
- Kozma of Jerusalem, Kosma Mayumsky (Byzantine church poet of the 8th century. He was considered the brother of John Damascene, with whom he moved from Damascus to Jerusalem and from 732 became a monk in the monastery of Saint Sava. In 743, Kozma became bishop of Mayum (near the city of Gaza) The year of his death is unknown. In the history of Byzantine church poetry, Kozma, together with John Damascus, are the largest representatives of the canon. Together with his associate John Damascene, he is the author of numerous canons included in the divine services of the Orthodox Church., Dormition of the Theotokos, Epiphany, Exaltation of the Cross of the Lord, Entry of the Lord into Jerusalem, glorification of the Theotokos "Most Honest Cherub …", etc.)
- Kozma Soldatenkov ((1818 - 1901) Moscow entrepreneur, Old Believer, famous book publisher, owner of an art gallery)
- Kozma Spassky-Avtonomov ((1807 - 1890) Russian scientist, explorer of Baku)
- Kozma Kryuchkov ((1890 - 1919) Don Cossack, was the first to be awarded the Cross of St. George in the First World War)
- Venerable Kuksha of Odessa ((1875 - 1964) in the world - Kosma Velichko; saint of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, reverend, schema-abbot)
- Cosma Verkhotursky ((died 1680) Ural holy fool, saint of the Russian Church)