Table of contents:
Video: The Meaning Of The Name Dean
Synonyms for the name Dean. Dinat, Dina, Dinali, Dinar, Dinislam, Dinhan, Dino.
The origin of the name Dean. The name Din is Tatar, Muslim, Indian.
The name Dean has various origins. According to the most widespread version, the name Din is Muslim, with Arabic roots, it is both an independent name and a naming component for other names. The meaning is identical to the name Islam and is interpreted as "faith", "religion".
Variants of the name Ding - Dina, Ding. The use of two-part names - Dinamuddin, Dinislam, Dinali, Dinhan and many others. The paired female name is Dina, Dinara.
The name Dinislam (Danislam) is widespread among the Tatars, in the territory of the former USSR. Translated as "Islamic religion", "faith", "obedience based on faith."
According to the second version, the name Dean has Jewish roots, in translation it means "law", "justice".
According to the third version, the name Dean is of English origin, close by definition to the concepts of "senior priest", "elder". Or it comes from the Anglo-Saxon "denu" ("dene"), meaning "valley". The first carriers of this name lived in Anglo-Saxon England in mountainous or hilly regions, where the name indicated their place of residence ("from the valley"). Later it was transformed into a surname, which has various spellings in its native language (Dean, Deane, Deen).
The fourth version says that the name Dean is a modern, new name derived from the name of the physical unit of force. It is possible that it appeared as a modified name from the Greek "dynamis". Means strong.
There is also an Indian name Din, which translates as "day". Nowadays in India, as in Europe, parents are experimenting with names and using words that are not usually considered names, such as "proton", "neon", "iodine", "omega" and many others. Hundreds of people use these names in India.
Also, the name Dean is a short reference to various European names ending in "dino" (Geraldino, Ricardino, Eduardino and others). Similar in use with Dino. It is also used in relation to names - Dinar, Denis.
The owner named Dean is very difficult for others to understand. It is very difficult to combine his adventurism and restraint in life. Either this is a thoughtful man, or an agitated ocean of emotions. He is convinced of only one great deed to which he will devote his life. Mistrust is second nature, but intelligence helps him know the truth.
Dean's intuition helps him find quick solutions. Skepticism, the scientist's gaze, and the rational approach are fueled by the analytical mind. Dean is a man of action, he knows how to adapt, loves to discover and travel.
His impulsiveness can lead him to become addicted to extreme sports. Dean loves to read science fiction, considers it from a scientific point of view, draws new ideas from there.
The people around him can call him a marginal, an original closed genius, because Dean cannot be called particularly sociable. He loves silence, most often a pronounced introvert, because he needs a place for his intellectual or metaphysical reflections. It is easier for him to act on his own than to convince someone, because he is not at all an excellent orator.
In his personal life, this man has a difficult time. Women love communication, but some of his shyness paralyzes communication. Although in closer relations one can note his openness and ingenuity.
For Dean, a professional activity that requires long-term research (engineer, inventor) or laborious work (programmer, laboratory assistant, technician) is suitable. A career related to travel or sports is also possible for the owner of the name Dean.
Dean doesn't celebrate his name day.
Famous people named Dean
- Dean Bradley Henderson ((born 1997) English footballer)
- Dean Stanley Geyer ((born 1986) Australian singer and actor, also songwriter)
- Dean Martin ((1917-1995) real name - Dino Paul Crochetti; American cruner (pop, jazz), also an actor. Was one of the "Rat Pack" famous singers of the 50s of the last century.)
- Dean Anthony Fertita ((born 1970) American musician (multi-instrumentalist), plays rock)
- Robert Dean Stockwell ((born 1936) American actor. Winner of the Golden Globe, prize of the Cannes Film Festival, stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.)
- Dean Takahashi (American journalist, is an authority in the IT and computer games industry. He has written two books, his articles are published both online and in print.)
- Dean Armstrong ((born 1973) Canadian actor, acting teacher)
- Dean Karnasis ((born 1962) is an American athlete, ultramarathon runner. His record is running without sleep for 80 hours 44 minutes at a distance of 350 miles. Author of a book about overcoming ultramarathon distances.)
- Dean Richard Collins ((born 1990) American actor)
- Dean Mcammond ((born 1973) Canadian ice hockey player)
- Dean ((born 1982) pseudonym, real name - Fuad Batskovic; Bosnian pop singer, participant of two Eurovision Song Contests (2004, 2016))
- Dean Kim ((1902-1966) Soviet actor, Korean by origin. Holder of the title of Honored Artist of the Kazakh SSR. He played in the Korean Music and Drama Theater, of which he was the founder.)
- Tinekhmat (Din-Akhmed) ((died 1578) biy of the Nogai Horde, which he headed in 1563-1578. He was the son-in-law of the second wife of Ivan the Terrible.)
- Dinislam Imangulov ((1924-2014) Hero of Socialist Labor. Worked as an electrician at the Sterlitamak soda-cement plant.)